Unknown to majority of people is the fact that hair plays an important role in our body other than for beauty purposes. A filamentous bio-material, hair is one of the defining attributes of mammals and it plays various functions including generating warmth and protecting the scalp from the direct effects of UV rays. In addition, hair safeguards the skull from impacts such as bumps and facilitates thermal regulation given that 30% of body heat is lost through the head.
Across most cultures globally, hair is used to distinguish gender and most importantly, it is associated with youth, health and vitality. This explains the inexorable quest by most people to find the ultimate secret to grow their hair faster. If you have been wondering how to make your hair grow faster without any success, sit back and absorb these four basic rules to making your hair grow faster.
Four Basic Rules To Making Your Hair Grow Faster
Rule No 1: Establish Your Hair Type in Relation to Heredity and Health Status
One of the most frequently asked question addressed to hair dressers is ‘how can I make my hair grow faster?’ Most hairdressers are at loss and they often recommend a one-size-fit-all solution, which more often than not, is unsuccessful and unsustainable.
What you do not understand when you rely on a one-size fit all solution to grow your hair faster is that how fast your hair grows is determined by a number of factors other than what you do to your hair including genes and your health status.
Therefore, before you begin subjecting your hair to all manner of concoctions in a quest to make it grow faster, you may consider reviewing the type of hair you have in relation to your heredity and health status.
For instance, there are people who are genetically predisposed to hair loss and no matter what they do to their hair, it cannot grow and when it does it is not faster enough. On the other hand, there are health conditions that impede hair growth and with such conditions, it becomes futile to try and make your hair grow fast.
Eventually, when you are sure that the capacity of your hair to grow is not hampered by health and heredity issues, you can proceed to identify ways you can use to accelerate how fast your hair grows.
Rule No 2: Embrace Healthy Eating and Exercises
Nothing works magic on hair like healthy eating and exercises. Just like any part of our body requires nourishment from the food that we eat, so does hair.
- The ability to grow your hair faster begins from within to the outside and not vice versa. Before you buy expensive hair products to help your hair grow faster, try eating healthy and exercising regularly.
- Healthy eating entails consuming a well-balanced diet that is composed of food that provides your body and hair with the much needed vitamins, moderated levels of starch, proteins and essential fatty acids, which speed up your hair growth.
- Say no to excess amounts of sugar, salt and animal fats, which are detrimental to your body and eventually, your hair. Consumption of these items results in poor functioning of the body cells including hair cells.
- Drink a lot of water, preferably six to eight glasses of water a day
- In relation to exercises, keep your body fit by engaging in regular physical activities that will help facilitate efficient supply of blood and nutrients to all parts of your body including your hair. A well-nourished body that is physically fit is a catalyst for speedily growing hair.
- Some of the simple exercises you can engage in includes jogging, walking, rope skipping, swimming and aerobics etc.,
Rule No 3: Minimize Damage You Cause to Your Hair
If you are not careful, you may be contributing to your failure to make your hair grow faster. This is because there are certain things we do to our hair knowingly or unknowingly that damage it. Therefore, you need to minimize damage that you cause to your hair;
Avoid shampoos that contain silicone. Shampoos with silicone not only contributes to the dryness of your hair, but also, they results in hair breakage, which hampers your attempts to stimulate hair growth
- Keep away from excess heat such as using blow driers, which damages the structure of the hair resulting in breakage
- Avoid consistent use of hair bands and hair clips on the same locations, which results in hair breakage
- Limit the number of times you dye, bleach and perm your hair. The chemicals used in bleaches, dyes and relaxers are so harsh such that they strip off your hair the much needed moisture that aid in hair growth and at worse, they destroy the structure of your hair resulting in hair breakage or hair loss.
- Manage stress. Stress contributes to array of health problems including hair loss and therefore, you may grow an inch or more of hair for every minute of stress you reduce!
- Effective ways of managing stress includes meditation, massage therapies, yoga and engaging in hobbies etc.,
Rule No 4: Develop A personalized Quick Hair Growth Regimen
Since a one-size-fit- all hair solution is not an option, the ultimate answer to making your hair grow faster is by developing a personalized, realistic, attainable and practical hair growth regimen. This is important in ensuring that you are effectively and efficiently meeting the needs of your hair.
Some of the elements you can include in your hair growth regimen include
- Regular hair treatment; you can treat your hair every two weeks to nourish it with nutrients while restoring damaged hair
- Regular hair conditioning; conditioning your hair helps soften it, which is important in preventing breakage especially when you are combing the hair
- Use of vitamin supplements such as Vitamin B supplement
- Addressing any medical issues that results in slow hair growth
- Investing in quality hair products (pomades, lotions, creams, oils etc.,)
- Observing proper hair hygiene; it is important that as much as you need to keep your hair clean, you do not over wash it, which causes hair dehydration and breakage.
Making your hair grow faster never seemed easier with these four basic rules!